FAB course for bikers who want first aid training tailored for bikers.
The First Aid for Bikers Course (FAB) was introduced into Staffordshire 2 years ago by SSRP, supported by Train Aid inc. who deliver in workplace first aid training and community first aid skill tuition. Judy, the trainer is also a biker of many years and has an excellent understanding
around dealing with a biker accident, including site management, and delivers the course in a biker- specific way.
2020 dates for courses
- 24th September @ Stafford – (Covid safe environment)
use the contact form below to book or find more information
If you wish to book in on a course or to contact Judy for more information,
please use the form below (bottom of the page).
All courses will run from 6.30pm to 9.30pm
FAB courses cost £10
If you qualify you will receive a validation certificate.
Why do you need to take a course?
A biker specific first aid course will give a biker or other individuals the skills needed so that they are able to assist another rider who may be injured in a fall or collision. Primarily aimed towards bikers who may ride out regularly with a fellow motorcyclist or people who are likely to arrive upon a scene where a biker has fallen, they will be able to attend to the patient and take on board specific issues like:
- What to do if you are first on the scene
- How to assess & manage an accident situation
- Removing the rider’s helmet in the proper situation, the right manner and techniques
- Where / how / who to look for help from what is around you
- What to do in an accident situation eg if a person in unconscious
- Moving & handling techniques when dealing with an injured person
- How to put a casualty in the recovery position
- How to perform basic CPR
- Dealing with choking or other hazards affecting breathing
- Correctly using a defibrillator
- How to dress a wound or treat a broken bone until further help arrives
- Handing over to the emergency services when they arrive